If you're like most HR professionals, you have a long list of tasks that need to be completed on a daily basis. From onboarding new employees to managing employee records, there's a lot to keep track of. Read on to find out more about the top 5 important HR tasks, what are the potential risks if they are not managed properly, and the benefits of automating them so that you can focus on improving your employees’ experience rather than being bogged down by these routine tasks!
Top 5 important HR tasks
1. Recruitment and selection: Finding the right candidates to fill vacant positions. This includes advertising positions, conducting interviews and choosing the most suitable candidates.
2. Employee onboarding: Making sure new employees are properly introduced to the company, their roles and responsibilities. This can involve orientations, training and other initiatives to help them feel comfortable and part of the team.
3. Employee relations: Managing the relationship between employees and the company. This includes dealing with issues such as conflict resolution, performance management and employee retention.
4. Compensation and benefits: Ensuring that employees are fairly compensated for their work and that they have access to relevant benefits. This can involve developing compensation plans, negotiating salaries and administering benefits programs.
5. HR compliance: Making sure that the company complies with all relevant HR laws and regulations. This can involve keeping up to date with changing legislations, ensuring policies are compliant and investigating any potential breaches.
What are the potential risks if these HR tasks are not managed properly?
HR can also be a source of risk for organizations if not managed properly. Here are the top five HR tasks that can be particularly risky:
1. Hiring and onboarding new employees: The hiring process is often full of potential pitfalls, from writing effective job descriptions to conducting fair and legal interviews. Once you've found the right candidate, you then need to ensure they have a smooth transition into the company by providing adequate training and support.
2. Managing employee performance: Regularly assessing and giving feedback to employees is essential for maintaining a high-performing team. However, it can be difficult to strike the right balance between providing constructive criticism and maintaining a positive relationship with your employees.
3. Handling employee disputes: Whether it's a disagreement over workload or a more serious issue like harassment, dealing with employee disputes can be complicated and emotionally charged. It's important to handle these situations sensitively and fairly, in order to maintain a healthy workplace environment.
4. Managing payroll and benefits: Payroll and benefits are two of the most important HR functions, but they can also be complex and time-consuming. Ensuring that employees are paid correctly and on time, as well as keeping up with ever-changing benefits regulations, can be a challenge.
5. Implementing HR policies: HR policies and procedures need to be carefully designed and implemented in order to be effective. If not done correctly, they can end up being more of a hindrance than a help.
By being aware of the potential risks involved in HR management, you can be better prepared to handle any challenges that come your way.
How can automating these HR tasks help to mitigate these risks?
Thankfully, there are many HR softwares available in the market to automate some of these mundane yet critical tasks. Here are five HR tasks that you can possibly automate to help mitigate risks:
1. Employee onboarding: Automating employee onboarding can help ensure that all new hires have the same information and are properly orientated to the organization.
2. Performance review: Automating performance reviews with a digital appraisal system can help ensure that all employees are reviewed regularly and that any issues are identified and addressed in a timely manner.
3. Time and attendance: Automating time and attendance with an attendance tracking software can help ensure that all employees are accounted for and that their hours are properly tracked for accurate payroll calculation.
4. Employee benefits: Automating employee benefits such as implementing an online leave management system can help to streamline the leave process, making it easy for employees to apply for leave and check leave balances, as well as for employers to approve and manage leave requests.
5. Employee off-boarding: Automating employee off-boarding can help ensure that all departing employees have their records properly updated and that their access to company resources is revoked to mitigate security risks.
Benefits of automating HR tasks
Investing in HR is an important way to show your employees that you value their wellbeing and contribution to the company. Besides reducing the risk of HR-related issues within your organization, automating HR tasks with the help of the right HR software can also bring about the following benefits:
1. Improve efficiency and accuracy of preparing employee data as all information is managed digitally with a centralised system
2. Reduce the amount of time spent on administrative tasks, freeing up HR professionals to focus on more strategic initiatives such as implementing learning & development programme to improve productivity and skillsets of employees
3. Improve compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
4. Improve communication between HR professionals and employees
5. Reduce the overall costs associated with HR management as less time is spent on the routine tasks such as payroll calculation or shift scheduling
Simplify your HR tasks with Payboy HR software!
If you're looking for a seamless and efficient way to automate your HR tasks, Payboy is the perfect solution. Payboy is a Payroll and HR Software which automates the essential HR processes through a seamless ecosystem, so that businesses can focus on the HR work that truly matters– bringing out the best in their people.
Being business owners ourselves, we understand the little intricacies and problems fellow SMEs face. We are therefore always finding ways to improve and simplify our processes. Simple, nice, and easy to use. That’s our ethos. And as we use our own product, we’re rediscovering and evaluating it on the daily.
Do it all with our flexible selection of modules to tailor a solution that solves the unique challenges faced by your business:
- Payroll processing
- Leave management
- Claims management
- Applicant tracking
- Attendance tracking
- Shift scheduling
- Appraisal system
- Inventory management
- Project costing
- Training Management
- PayBeyond, powered by Rapyd (to make local and global payments)
Why use Payboy to manage your payroll?
- 100% Compliant and 100% peace of mind
- Prepare your e-submission of CPF contributions with a few simple clicks on Payboy!
- Covers any work arrangement
- Working with full timers, part timers, freelancers and contract staff? We’ll take care of the unique payroll requirements for each working arrangement.
- Transparent, Accurate and Simple
- Full visibility on how payroll is calculated automatically based on shifts, attendance, leave and submitted claims, within an intuitive experience.
- Fully integrated with your preferred platforms
- We’ll fit into your ecosystem seamlessly and keep your finance team happy. Check out our full list of integrations.
Payboy is also eligible under the PSG Grant! With PSG Grant, you can possibly save up to 70% of the total fees!* You can learn more about the Payboy’s PSG Package and how to apply for the PSG Grant on Payboy’s Support Centre!
Keen to have a demo? Reach out to us below!